[Exim] Backup Mail server

Autor: Matthew Daubenspeck
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Backup Mail server
I am trying to setup a backup mail server, and am having some
troubles. I have properly setup the MX records, and they are working
fine. I have my main mail server (oddprocess.org) and a temp. backup
server on a DSL modem for testing purposes. Both are running exim3.35
and are almost identical as far as setup.

On the backup server, I have added the main oddprocess.org as a domain
it will relay for. When the initial server fails, messages are then
sent to the backup which does accept the messages. I have added the
following to the retry rules:

oddprocess.org         *           F,4h,30m; G,16h,2h,1.5; F,4d,8h

However, it seems that exim is constantly trying to send the message
over and over, reguardless of the retry rule. Attached is the error
message:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software
(Exim).

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

  matt@???
      Too many "Received" headers - suspected mail loop

And then all of the headers are attached which proves exim is trying
to send to the main server (which fails), and then sends the message
back to itself. How can I resolve this so that the backup server will
not send mail to itself after the main server fails?

I apologize for the lengthy message, but this was the best way I could
explain it. Thanks in advance!