Re: [Exim] Exim not transferring outgoing mail

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim not transferring outgoing mail
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:36:38AM -0500,
dman <dsh8290@???> is thought to have said:

> --
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:57:28AM +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> | On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 08:45:32PM -0500, dman wrote:
> | > The first step is to determine why you were blacklisted in the first
> | > place. That may be tricky since dial-up ips tend to be used by many
> | > users and the blacklist may have been caused by someone else. I tried
> |
> | And the reason that you should not use your ISP's smarthost is?
>
> Maybe he wants to learn how to be a mail admin? I don't know.
> (I'm not going to argue over which he should do either)
>
> Still, you don't want his machine to be an open relay that feeds out
> through his ISP's smarthost.

Who said that configuring his exim box to use his ISP's smarthost for
outbound mail would make him an open relay? These do not have anything to do
with each other.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality