Re: [Exim] Still have SMTP Command Timeout Error

Autor: Patrice Fournier
A: Don Hammer
CC: Exim
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Still have SMTP Command Timeout Error
Quoting Don Hammer <hammerd@???>:

> I am still getting a SMTP command timeout error. I happens
> intermittently.
> Sometimes the address will get through, other times it will not.

Does it always timeout during the DATA phase? Does small messages always
go through? If so, it could be caused by a firewall blocking ICMP messages
if the sending machine does path MTU discovery. I don't know if there's a
utility you could use to test the path MTU discovery; AFAIK tracepath uses
UDP instead of ICMP and would then not trigger the same rules on the
firewalls.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???