Re: [Exim] Help with Exim 4.x & System Filter

Autor: wvaughan
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Help with Exim 4.x & System Filter
Tirone Nel wrote:

> Its the default filter I downloaded from the Exim site. But yes, it runs
> along those lines.

Don't follow the 3.x directions in the system filter

1)
The trick for me was to include in configure near the top
(primary_hostname = ...)

system_filter = /usr/local/exim/system_filter.exim
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        installation depenendent

#system_filter_user = exim
^^^^
Note I have it commented out. May make a difference.
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys        10488 May  6 10:27 system_filter.exim

2)

Test the filter
/usr/lib/sendmail -bF system_filter.exim <test-message
installation dependent AND the "F" has to be capitalized!!!!

I have a test-message that has an attached .exe to test

--
Walter