[Exim] "permission denied" when trying to create the SPOOL_D…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chad Leigh -- Shire Net LLC
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [Exim] Exim not transferring outgoing mail
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] "permission denied" when trying to create the SPOOL_DIRECTORY/<directories> using 3.36
Hi All

I am building a replacement server and I am trying to get everything
installed and working before I swap it in.

I made exim 3.36 with SPOOL_DIRECTORY=/var/spool/exim

/var/spool is a sym link to /local/var/spool

/var/spool/exim has the following ownership and permissions:

frog1# cd /var/spool/exim
frog1# pwd
/local/var/spool/exim
frog1# ls -al
total 4
drwxr-x--- 2 exim daemon 512 May 7 23:51 .
drwx------ 12 root wheel 512 May 7 23:49 ..
frog1#

I have the EXIM_UID and EXIM_GID set in the binary through
Local/Makefile settings to be 78 and 1 which is exim and daemon

So the directory is set correctly for ownership.

I run exim with -d4 and when a mail comes in I get

ldaplocal director succeeded for chad
LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC DIE
Failed to create spool file /var/spool/exim/input//175IbD-000Nql-00-D:
Permission denied
SMTP>> 421 Unexpected failure, please try later

SMTP<< QUIT

and no directory is created . If I hand make "input" with correct owner
and group and permissions then I still get this error.

If I do a ps -aux I can verify that exim is running under user "exim"

exim 91698 0.0 0.1 2676 1900 p2 S+ 12:02AM 0:00.01
/usr/local/bin/exim -bd -q5m -d4

-----

It appears to me that all is kosher and it should be able to create
directories and files... My other box running 3.22 is set up the same
way and works fine...

This is on FreeBSD 4.5R-p4 in case it matters.

Any comments or help is appreciated. Unfortunately, I kind of waited
until the last minute and I am flying out to where the servers are
located on Wednesday and actually have the swap planned for Thursday
night.

Anyway, thanks
best regards
Chad