[Exim] use of "first_delivery"

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Chambers
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] use of "first_delivery"
This is exim 3.33:

I have encountered examples of viruses which I check for in a system filter getting
through and I can't work out how! I picked up the latest when a user forwarded it
to a coleague to ask for an opinion on it and the filter intercepted that. I have
tested the filter against such messages using exim -bF and it always detects them.

The only way I can see messages getting through is if they are let through by my
test for "if not first delivery" which I have at the start (as in the example filter
which is linked to www.exim.org).

If a message is queued on arrival because of smtp_accept_queue_per_connection, for
example, would the subsequent queue run be regarded as "not first delivery"? If so,
that might explain my problem, though I can see no evidence in the log that the
latest message was queued on arrival. It was addressed to a list of about 40 users,
so I have received quite a few complaints.

I am tempted to remove this test, but it should be in if it really does test first
delivery.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter