Re: [Exim] Exim not transferring outgoing mail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tomasz Kosinski
Υ/ο: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim not transferring outgoing mail
On 2002-05-07 at 01:57 -0400, Tomasz Kosinski wrote:
> > Was that your IP at that time? It is blacklisted in several DNSBLs.

> Sorry for the earlier, hasty reply. After checking through my records,
> YES that was my address for a few hours on May 4:

> Any ideas how to get unblacklisted?

The problem is that other people, getting the same IP at other times,
will be doing things to get the IP blacklisted.

Buy ISP service which provides you with static IP, so you have your own
IP address. Check before buying if the block is listed in the
dynamic-IP dial-up blocks which are maintained by various people. If
the ISP will just reserve one IP from their regular pool, then you'll
still be blacklisted by many sites.

Alternatively, use the mail smarthosts of the ISP.
--
Anyone who refers to humans as resources has something a little wrong with
them anyway. -- Jane Pennock