Re: [Exim] mail list alias for virtual domains

Autor: John (TJ) Penton
A: Craig Coles
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] mail list alias for virtual domains
On Mon, 6 May 2002, Craig Coles wrote:

> I have several virtual domains that I receive mail for and have just tried
> to pipe mail to an executable, like is done for mail list managers (mylist:
> |/path/to/binary) that produces the following error:
>
> D=virtual_alias defer (-31): pipe_transport unset in virtual_alias driver
>
> my tests so far have been with mail going to my qualify_domain, which is
> also in my local_domains list.
>
> my directors conf entry look like this:
>
> virtual_alias:
> driver = aliasfile
> domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/domains
> file = /etc/exim/${domain}.aliases
> search_type = lsearch
> qualify_preserve_domain
>

> I have another EXIM installation that I use for mailing lists, without doing
> virtual domains, and all is working fine.
>
> How do I make the installation with virtual domains work?

Like it says, you need to set pipe_transport in the director - tell it
what transport to use if it finds a pipe. There is a transport for piping
in the default config, so you probably want something like:
pipe_transport = address_pipe
You may additionally want to look at the config of that transport - to
make sure it does what you want.

John

--
"What I say," said Eeyore, "is that it's unsettling. I didn't want to
come on this Expo - what Pooh said. I only came to oblige. But here