Re: [Exim] Cyrus exim4.x RH 7.2 -- new install looking for …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jochen Kulow
Aan: richard
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Cyrus exim4.x RH 7.2 -- new install looking for manuals to rtfm, possible samples, links to more information
Zitat von richard <richard.reynolds@???>:

> HIHI
> Im looking for documents, sample configurations, anything i can get my
> hands
> on.
>
> I have used exim 3.x and RH before but not with cyrus, I had an interesting
> time geting exim 4 to compile and install and an even more interesting time
> trying to get cyrus installed, seems RH isnt shipping 1/2 the required
> libs/compiler/include files ..... this is a test installation before i put
> this onto the production servers, seeming like i dont wanna make the switch
> with all the headache, i figured i must need to rtfm a little more,
> searching the web began to seem a little pointless way to many hits on
> things that are either duplicated or off topic to this install. i figured i
> probibly didnt get the default configurations correct and will need to redo
> them over and over, but thought someone on this list, might have had as
> much
> troubles as I and already gotten some of these documents together.
>
> the server is targeting for a few users but all run imap, send/recieve alot
> of email, and leave alot of mail on the server and wished for features
> other imap servers do not have. so I get to do an upgrade
>
> Thanks
> Richard Reynolds
> richard.reynolds@???

Hi,
I don't have manuals, but the same system configuration. Compiling however was
no big deal with my machine.
Getting exim and cyrus together even more. It seems that exim does not pipe
anymore to cyrus so I think you just use the lmtp. But you have to put it in
when compiling, that line is usually commented out.

router: (last entry)
localuser:
driver = accept
transport = local_delivery_cyrus

transport:
local_delivery_cyrus:
driver = lmtp
command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -l -m user.$local_part"
user = cyrus

Thats for exim 4.04 with cyrus 2.0.16.

That should spare ou some time ;-)

bye,