RE: [Exim] System Filter Question + GFI EMail Security Testi…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Derrick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Gordon McKee
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] System Filter Question + GFI EMail Security Testing?
> Thanks for your reply - Seems daft they don't keep it up to date - is
> there a reason?

Well it's not a virus filter so much as it's just for stopping attachments
with executable extensions.. Virus scanning is done by the virus scanners,
so after the first number of versions getting all the executable
extensions that are beyond the basic (.com .exe .bat), there has just been
some minor touch ups. My understanding of the Klez virus is it that
it puts the name of the attachment in slightly modified place, so
adding the check for the virus is not scanning for virri, it's just
looking for the modified location, with various extensions. There are a
couple of virri that are checked for as well because they use a standard
return address with a certain type Subject: or something similar.. I hope
that my understanding is correct, if not, I'm sure someone on the list
will clarify, and hopefully I won't stir the biting sarcasm of Yann. ;)

> I have relaying sorted and not to fussed about auth. I just think that
> it is better to filter out mail before people get it in there inbox if
> there are viruses in it.
>
> Gordon

Derrick MacPherson
derrick@???