[Exim] Accept mail but don't relay from non-resolvable hosts

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jerry Jorgenson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Accept mail but don't relay from non-resolvable hosts
Warning: Newby question.

Exim: 4.04

Folks,

I need to be able to allow a couple of servers which don't resolve to send
me mail--they fail on the "require verify" line. (I can't control the
"don't resolve" part, and it can't be changed). I receive mail from them
by using the "accept hosts" line, but doing so makes me an open relay for
these hosts. I just want to accept mail from them, not give them
carte-blanche to relay anything:

accept hosts = : *.goofy_domain.org : goofy_host.someotherdomain.com

Testing with -bh shows that other domains can't relay, but these can,
which seems reasonable given the key that I've changed, but that's not the
result I wanted.

I've looked in the docs, the FAQ, spec.txt, the mailing list (at least the
six months' that I have saved--yeah, I'm in trouble for keeping that guy's
mail :-), the Exim book (recipients_reject and friends look like they
would do the job, except they don't exist in 4.x), and while it seems like
there should be some ACL keys that might work, there aren't any examples
that I can understand.

Thanks

Jerry

--