Re: [Exim] Newbie question - Roaming Users, SMTP Auth and My…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: James P. Roberts
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Newbie question - Roaming Users, SMTP Auth and MySQL
>Early in your RCPT ACL say "accept authenticated = *"
>
>Your authenticators should look a little like this:
>
>cram_md5:
> driver = cram_md5
> public_name = CRAM-MD5
> server_secret = ${lookup mysql{select password from bigtable where

username='${quote_mysql{$1}}'}{$value}fail}
> server_set_id = $1
>
>(I may have my syntax wrong.)
>
>>I'm running Exim V4.04 and I've have built and configured it with
>>MySQL lookups and all the SMTP AUTH modules.
>>
>>Can anyone point me in the right direction, or does anyone have any
>>sample run-time config scripts to do the same sort of thing?

Above advice is in the right direction. Only a limited set of clients
can handle CRAM-MD5 authorization. So you'll want to set up a couple
more authenticators, too. I am using LSEARCH on mine, so you'll have to
convert to MySQL lookup syntax... As usual, the MS products are
different from everyone else, so you'll probably want both of these.
Please note that the $2 and $3 of PLAIN are equivalent to the $1 and $2,
respectively, of LOGIN.

begin authenticators

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_condition = ${if
eq{$3}{${lookup{$2}lsearch{/etc/exim-users}{$value}fail}}{yes}{no}}
server_set_id = $2

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
server_condition = ${if
eq{$2}{${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim-users}{$value}fail}}{yes}{no}}
server_set_id = $1

cram_md5:

In the main config section, you'll probably also want:

auth_advertise_hosts = *

Finally, have your clients check their documentation, and have them
check whatever setup/config box, so they know your server requires
authentication (I know for sure that Outlook Express requires this).
NOT "SPA" though, that's a MS bastardized thing.

Good Luck!

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.