Re: [Exim] Newbie help needed

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: wvaughan
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Newbie help needed
On 2002-05-01 at 14:16 -0400, wvaughan wrote:
> I've got it up and almost running.
> OS: SCO-OSR5.0.4 Exim: 4.04
>
> Issues:
> 1) I'd like to implement system_filter.exim, but I get a complaint about
>
> Exim version 4.04 #1 built 30-Apr-2002 18:40:57
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
> 2002-05-01 14:12:17 Exim configuration error in line 54:
> main option "message_filter" unknown
>
> where is "message_filter = " supposed to go?

All supported options are documented. Mostly in doc/spec.txt, though a
very few might only be in the NewStuff file.

message_filter is an option for Exim 3, not Exim 4.

If you read Exim4.upgrade and search for "message_filter" you'll see
that the options have been renamed.

> 2) some open-relay test sites fail me if i list
>
> domainlist local_domains = @ : steelerubber.com : \
>     cadillac.steelerubber.com : steelrubber.com

>     -rather than just listing the "@". It appears if I am then vulnerable
> to "From: <>" if I remember correctly. Is this not where I am supposed to list
> all the domains exim should accept mail for?

Uhm. That doesn't sound right, unless the test domain used for the
relay testing was in one of those extra ones that you added. What was
the actual error message given?
--
Password (n.):
Label stuck to a VDU containing date of birth, car registration number,