[Exim] Newbie question - Roaming Users, SMTP Auth and MySQL

Author: colin
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Newbie question - Roaming Users, SMTP Auth and MySQL
Hi

I'm very new to Exim (I downloaded the source two days ago and read
the though the manuals yesterday), So this is likely to be a bit of a
simple question but I have a serious time limit of 2 more days and I
need a leg up from some of you experts out there :-)

To the question, I have a 100 or so roaming users, their usernames and
plain text passwords are stored in a mysql table in the format
"select uname,pass from usertable" I have no control over this table
or the encoding of the password. The requirement is that these users
be able to send emails from anywhere in the world, via various mail
clients using SMTP AUTH verified against the username and password in
the MySQL table. There is to be absolutely no local delivery on this
server and any mail for the local domain should be delivered to a
separate SMTP Server I run.

I'm running Exim V4.04 and I've have built and configured it with
MySQL lookups and all the SMTP AUTH modules.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or does anyone have any
sample run-time config scripts to do the same sort of thing?

TIA
~~~Colin