Re: [Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq
On 2002-04-30 at 12:39 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> It still seems weird to me that as few as 600 queue runners can run into
> lock contention on a RAM-backed DBM file as small as 3MB.

What happens if you have a special Router (or whatever, I forget which
version of Exim you're running) before the default one for remote
deliveries, which just handles "problematic domains large enough that I
can't blow them off just because they're morons", which uses a different
transport, which in turn is essentially a duplicate of the normal remote
SMTP transport?

The databases are named wait-<transport-name> -- if you ensure that
Hotmail deliveries use a differently named transport, then does this
help isolate the problem to just delaying Hotmail stuff?

Or do the queue processors all end up waiting to try delivering the
Hotmail messages? I can't see a way to start a queue-runner which says
"only attempt delivery if Routed via this transport" ...
--
Having been erased,
The document you're seeking