Re: [Exim] default behavior of failed delivery to a smart ho…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rick Ennis
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users, Steve Romero
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] default behavior of failed delivery to a smart host
Steve,

> Does the default behavior queue the mail?

Yep. If the "smarthost" is unreachable or times out (i.e. is too slow in
responding) the message remains on the local queue for however long you
have configured in your retry rules. Using the retry rule that comes in
the default "configure" file:

*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

it should keep trying for up to just over 4 days. If it can't reach the
smarthost after 4 days it will bounce the message. If you want to increase
that time just change the "4d" in that section of your config.