Re: [Exim] configuring Maildir for exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: dman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] configuring Maildir for exim
--
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 07:51:10PM +0200, Markus Pfeifer wrote:

| hi guys,

| i played around all last weekend to configure our new mailserver
| after we had a brute crash, and that was the time to use exim instead of
| qmail, but now i am running into problems with it. we need Maildir for
| webmail (squirrelmail), so i uncommented the line in exim.conf
| saying 'maildir_format', then restarted exim through inetd, then i ran
| the script 'convert-and-create' which copied all /var/mail into the
| users $HOME/Maildir, but all new mails arriving, they arrive into
| /var/mail. i looked up in your archives for a solution, but noone was
| really telling me how to do this, so i started to feel a little dump.
| but retrying and trying didn;t solve it.

| can someone point me out to the solution? i might just see something
| over the head.

# This transport is used for local delivery to user mailboxes.
local_delivery:
    driver = appendfile
    #directory = /home/${local_part}/Maildir/
    directory = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}/
    maildir_format
    group = mail
    return_path_add
    envelope_to_add
    no_mode_fail_narrower
    create_directory

If you like qmail's wacky location for the mail spool then use the
other directory= line.

-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein