Re: [Exim] configuring Maildir for exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Markus Pfeifer
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] configuring Maildir for exim
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Markus Pfeifer wrote:

> i played around all last weekend to configure our new mailserver
> after we had a brute crash, and that was the time to use exim instead of
> qmail, but now i am running into problems with it. we need Maildir for
> webmail (squirrelmail), so i uncommented the line in exim.conf
> saying 'maildir_format', then restarted exim through inetd, then i ran
> the script 'convert-and-create' which copied all /var/mail into the
> users $HOME/Maildir, but all new mails arriving, they arrive into
> /var/mail. i looked up in your archives for a solution, but noone was

i don't know how the resulting config looks like, but for
"maildir_format" you have to specify a directory to deliver into
(according to your example it would look like "directory =
${home}/Maildir").

and you can gain much if you also look at "maildir_tag" and the
maildir++ specification on the courier site (if your imapd supports
maildir++, that is - it doesn't hurt to have it on if it doesn't
either).

--
[-]