Re: [Exim] minor logging bug in Exim 4.04

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: exim-users, Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] minor logging bug in Exim 4.04
Quoting Philip Hazel <ph10@???>:

> > It seems the accept router *forces* the log_as_local to be true rather
> > than having it's default to true. a pipe/file/<another one I forgot>
> > will also always use the local form of logging. This is not at all as
> > documented and I consider this a bug.
>
> So do I. Looks like a moment of madness when I was implementing it. I
> will fix it for the next release in due course.[*] If you want an
> immediate fix, delete line 52 of routers/accept.c.

That's part of what I did, but if someone wants to log as local an accept
router, he'll have to set the log_as_local to true now.. so I suppose
that's not how it will be changed in the next release, right?

I also changed the condition in string.c line 1069 (or was it 1070.. I
remember I shorten the comment above it to match the new condition, and I
think it was taking 3 lines (now 2)) to read:

if (success && addr->router != NULL && addr->router->log_as_local)

I remove the check to force the pipe/file/... to a local form of logging
or the condition that log_as_local would only work on routers considered
local (info->local or something like that). I thought at first that was
the problem as I was working with pipes but after that fix, it was still
not working because of the bug in accept.c. I just didn't revert to the
previous state in string.c to check if I was right or not in my
understanding of that condition.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???