[Exim] sending to a script

Author: Steve Foster
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] sending to a script
Hi there,

i did get exim to send emails via a script, however it didn't strip the
correct parts of the address to send to the scripts. my configure entries are:

In TRANSPORTS:

ticket_transport:
       driver = pipe
       command = /opt/PSIartk/bin/spool-ticket.pl ${local_part_suffix}
       prefix = psi-tickets+

In DIRECTORS:

tickets:
driver = smartuser
user = exim
transport = ticket_transport

It doesn't do the delivery via these methods but doesn't strip the last
part of the address of for passing to the script, e.g i want to send email
to psi-tickets+steve@<hostname> , but i want the hostname to execute the
script as "/opt/PSIartk/bin/spool-ticket.pl steve"

the error i get is:

2002-04-30 12:52:26 172WBF-00024f-00 ** psi-tickets+steve@<hostname>
D=tickets T=ticket_transport: Child process of ticket_transport transport
returned 64 (could mean usage or syntax error) from command:
/opt/PSIartk/bin/spool-ticket.pl

if i comment out the above entries in configure, and use the following
alias it works fine:

psi-tickets+steve: "|/opt/PSIartk/bin/spool-ticket.pl steve"

So , any ideas on what could be wrong with my setup...

Cheers

Steve

Steve Foster
Senior Systems Administrator