Re: [Exim] host_lookup question

Author: Aly Dharshi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] host_lookup question
Hello Doc,

    I hope that you are well, I wasn't quite satified with the convert file
so I re-did the configure file and placed the mailing list routers first
before the dnslookup router and it seems that the message being blocked was
actually an incoming message. I guess that in reordering the routers the
system now accepts the message but gives the following in the logs:

2002-04-29 18:37:01 172Ldd-0004eb-00 <= multimediaclub-admin@???
H=shodan.reznet.uleth.ca [142.66.75.205] P=esmtp S=4129
id=1050.161.184.28.204.1019966083.squirrel@??? from
<multimediaclub-admin@???> for nsmith@???

<snip>

2002-04-29 18:37:37 172Ldd-0004ef-00 == nsmith@??? R=dnslookup defer
(-1): host lookup did not complete
2002-04-29 18:37:37 172Ldd-0004eb-00 => nsmith <nsmith@???>
R=spamcheck_director T=spamcheck
2002-04-29 18:37:37 172Ldd-0004eb-00 Completed

<snip>

2002-04-29 18:46:05 172Ldd-0004ef-00 == nsmith@??? routing defer
(-51): retry time not reached

    I assume that after a few times of retrying it will give up on this
domain and then dump it back from where it came to the multimediaclub-admin
on the mailing list system for errors. I think that this will resolve
correctly to a person who owns this list and that will be take care of by
that person. I have provided snipets of the from the logs of messages
(randomly) same message send a couple of times.

    Am I correct in thinking this way.

    Cheers,

        Aly.

Aly Dharshi
System Administrator ORS
aly.dharshi@???
aly.dharshi@???

Got *nix ? *nix the better alternative to Winblows