Re: [Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Okay, would this work as a solution:
>
> queue_only
> queue_smtp_domains = hotmail.com
>
> Or will this result in the same override?

Same override. Basically, if you "queue only" it does *nothing* else.
Hmm. Hmm. Thinks... tick, tick, tick ...

I wonder if

queue_smtp_domains = hotmail.com
hold_domains = !hotmail.com

would help you? Of course, you'd have to have that in the configuration
when you submit messages, but then get rid of "hold_domains" when you
actually do the deliveries. One way of doing this would be to use a
macro:

HOLDDOMAINS = !hotmail.com
hold_domains = HOLDDOMAINS

and then start your queue runs with "exim -q -DHOLDDOMAINS=" (you have
to be privileged to do this, of course, but then you have to be
privileged to do -q). This works because -D overrides macro definitions
in the config file. (I do some amazing tricks with this in the test
suite.)

I have not tried this, but I can't at the moment think why it shouldn't
work (but that's no guarantee :-).