[Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Interaction between queue_smtp_domains and -odq
Hi folks,

I inject my mailshots into the queue with exim -odq. The entire shot is
queued like this before I start any queue runners. I use between 400
and 1000 queue runners, depending on the size of the shot.

Given that certain domains would benefit from early routing as provided
with the -odqs option, I'd like to add them to queue_smtp_domains. Such
domains include hotmail.com, the MX servers for which are difficult to
reach.

Using -odqs on the command-line isn't feasible with my configuration,
because there are many domains for which early routing doesn't buy any
time.

I'd like to know whether the -odq option (instead of -odqs) will
override the queue_smtp_domains option, or whether routing will still be
done for queue_smtp_domains when -odq is specified on the command-line.

Ciao,
Sheldon.