Re: [Exim] Filename in a pipe transport

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jonas Oberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Filename in a pipe transport
On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Jonas Oberg wrote:

> In /var/spool/filters/jonas (the Exim filter for my mailbox user) I
> put the command "save foo". However, when debugging Exim, it becomes
> clear to me that ${address_file} does not work in a pipe transport
> like the above (neither does ${address_pipe} by the way):

Using a "save" command to direct delivery to a pipe is a bit odd.
Normally you should use a "pipe" command. However, it should work.

I have just tried this on Exim 3.36, and it worked for me. That means
there must be some difference in the way the delivery is working. (The
fact that neither $address_pipe nor $address_file works also suggests
this.)

I suggest you send me the whole of the -d9 debugging output.