[Exim] host_lookup question

Author: Aly Dharshi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] host_lookup question
Hi All,

    I have host_lookup=*  but it seems that there is a site called
nsmith.com, and a user is using this to send mail to a mailing list on our
system, it seems that I get this error:

    2002-04-28 12:47:01 H=shodan.reznet.uleth.ca [142.66.75.205]
F=<multimediaclub-admin@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
<xxxxxxxxx@???>: host lookup did not complete

    Exim server 4.04 is begin used, I would gather that they have no reverse
dns or dns information at all:

    [aly@shodan /home/aly]$ nslookup -sil nsmith.com

    This message is polluting my logs, I have tried to speak to the
postmaster/user at this address but to no avail. Is there anyway to tell
Exim to stop trying to do anything with this for now so these don't show up
in the logs and we will disable them in mailman to make sure until they have
sorted themselves out we don't get further entries in log like this one.

    Cheers,

        Aly.

Aly Dharshi
System Administrator ORS
aly.dharshi@???
aly.dharshi@???

Got *nix ? *nix the better alternative to Winblows