Re: [Exim] TLS/AUTH interaction

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tim Hurman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS/AUTH interaction
kano-exim@??? said:
> When setting auth_over_tls_hosts to *, I find that the AUTH line is
> removed from the EHLO respose, is this meant to happen? because as
> mozilla does not see the auth line and never bothers to authenticate
> it'self.

When you use TLS, there are _two_ EHLO exchanges. If AUTH is not permitted
without TLS, then AUTH should not be advertised when you first connect.
After starting TLS, the client is required to forget the
originally-advertised set of extensions and should send another EHLO. The
response to _that_ EHLO should include AUTH.

--
dwmw2