RE: [Exim] Message Frozen

Author: John (TJ) Penton
To: Ferguson, Michael
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Message Frozen
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Ferguson, Michael wrote:

> Thanks.
> I could not find eximon or exgrep. For your assistance, I have pasted the
> last portion of my maillog for your perusal.
> Thanks
>
> Here it is:
>
> (R=170mc9-0000FF-00): at least one malformed recipient address: root@ -
> domain missing or malformed

There you go...somewhere along the line you are trying to send mail to
root@<nothing>. Could be a PHP problem or an exim problem.

I suggest that you break the job up - either learn SMTP (quite easy -
search for "RFC SMTP" and read) and test email sending that way, or use a
simple program like mail. In fact, whatever you are setting up I suggest
this approach - do the job in small steps, and test at each stage.

Also note that from the appearance of your logs, you have a lot of
messages in your exim queue.  You may want to get rid of some of them.
Use exim -bp to list messages
    exim -Mrm <message-id> to remove a message

John

--
Everybody said "How-do-you-do" to Eeyore, and Eeyore
said that he didn't, not to