Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Exim Users Mailing List
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Leonardo Boselli
Υ/ο: Exim users list
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
[ On Friday, April 26, 2002 at 21:17:53 (+0200), Leonardo Boselli wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
>
> On 26 Apr 2002, at 19:35, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> > > No ... the law says that if someone require that h?? name be
> > > removed from the list, it have to be removed , and this fellow have
> > > to receive information about who has received the copy of the
> > > "list".
> >
> > My apologies - I had misinterpreted your mail to say that the list
> > owner has to pass on the remove-request to anyone else who has
> > received the list.
>
> No apologies ... it was me that wrote in an ambiguous way:
> But the law too is a bit ambiguous itself ... anyway, whatever is the
> interpretation, to remove someopne from an archive one must
> KNOW who is the people, either if is Nigel or the gut that send the
> request ...

I think the point is that everyone who was a subscriber at any time when
the complainant posted to the list may have archived copies of that
person's "personal" information and will thus have to receive a copy of
the complaint (at least all those in jurisdictions covered by privacy
laws like this).

Though it's probably impossible to know the exact set of subscribers who
may have received copies of the complainant's posts, the most effective
way to reach everyone is to just post the complaint verbatim to the list
as we all may have archives that are potentially publically accessible.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098; <gwoods@???>; <g.a.woods@???>; <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>