Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
On 2002-04-24 at 09:45 +0100, Chris Bayliss wrote:
> Removing the posts in question would be a simple solution, but does
> raise other problems. For example other people's replies or responses
> could become misrepresented as they become out of context. Perhaps
> simply editing out the identity of the person in question replacing it
> with a string indicating that the identity has been removed may
> suffice?

Actually, this one argument doesn't hold much water.

You can post with "X-No-Archive: yes" as a header, and your mails won't
be archived in Nigel's official main archive. This has _always_ been
the case. Anyone who didn't want their mails archived should have been
using it, generally. Some archives don't support this header, but the
official one does.

I used to use "X-No-Archive: yes". Then someone pointed out that a lot
of my posts to exim-users weren't in the archives. By this point, I'd
managed to scrape together enough dregs of clue that I actually felt my
posts might be worthwhile reading, so I stopped using the header. At
that point, I suddenly appear in Nigel's archives.

So, the mechanism is there. It exists, it works, it should be known to
anyone calling themselves a mail-administrator.

<world type="perfect">End of story.</world>
--
Login incorrect.
Only perfect spellers may