Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Author: Frank S. Bernhardt
To: C.B.Bayliss
CC: Richard Welty, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
Couldn't you just export the lists to an ascii file and run a sed on it to remove the joker's identity from
the list then re-import it? Something like:

        sed -e s/joker's identity/some twit/ lists.ascii  > newlists.ascii

I think it would be a good idea at this time for us all to have to re-subscibe to the lists agreeing not to
hold Nigel or anyone else liable for anything.

Good God, can't we just all place nice in this sandbox?

Chris Bayliss wrote:

> > > Editing the content could turn Nigel et al into publishers. Probably not
> > > good idea.
> >
> > it wouldn't in the US (the parts of the CDA that weren't struck down apply
> > here) but in the UK, it probably does do that.
>
> I don't see why editing it would make a difference in the UK. Putting
> it on the Web is publishing it whether or not it is edited.
>
> Removing the posts in question would be a simple solution, but does
> raise other problems. For example other people's replies or responses
> could become misrepresented as they become out of context. Perhaps
> simply editing out the identity of the person in question replacing it
> with a string indicating that the identity has been removed may
> suffice?
>
> --

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt