Re: [Exim] Exim not recieving mail from outside

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Bo Mellberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim not recieving mail from outside
Quoth Bo Mellberg on Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 09:55:26 +0200
> Hi all!
>
> Thanks for all help setting my box up. I now got the mySQL-lookup
> working as well as the local delivery.
>
> The problem (major) now is that my box can't recieve messages from
> the outside world. First I thought it was the MX-pointers but nslookup
> shows nothing mysterious.
>
> Can someone try to make an smtp-connection to my computer?
>
> the address is www.koechel.nu

From Janet and E^2.
; dig -t mx
[...]
www.koechel.nu.         11h58m34s IN CNAME  koechel.nu.
koechel.nu.             12H IN MX       10 koechel.nu.
[...]
; telnet koechel.nu 25
Trying 194.237.243.254...

> Or do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah, run exim and check for any firewalls rules that will drop port 25
packets.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun