RE: [Exim] (69) errors.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ryan Cartwright
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] (69) errors.
On Tue 23 April 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Ryan Cartwright wrote:

<snip>

> > *** Output of ls -l /data/usr/exim/
> > drwx------   5 exim     exim         4096 Apr 22 14:55
> /data/usr/exim

> Isn't this the problem? Only root or Exim can addess that
> directory, but
> you are running the autoreply as uid=30 gid=65534 (which I assume is a
> normal user from your configuration).

Thanks Philip, that fixed it. ( The user/group ID is a generic apache
user, the idea is that staff can use a page on the intranet to setup
their holiday replies ). I changed this directory to 755 and it worked
fine. I had a feeling it was something to do with that but I was
concerned if there were security issues regarding that directory. I knew
about the ownership/permissions for the exim binary and wasn't sure
about the parent directories.

Thanks again
Ryan Cartwright - IT Manager
ryan@???
Contact a Family - http://www.cafamily.org.uk
Helping families who care for children with any disability or special
need