Re: [Exim] why was this rbl checked?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: dman
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] why was this rbl checked?
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 10:18:07AM +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
| On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:30:49AM -0500, dman wrote:
| > "combined" to 192.168.0.0/23. Since 192.168.0.0/16 is all private,
| > it's really just a subset of the private class C.

| ?? 192.168.0.0/16 was 256 Class Cs. I assume you didn't read RFC1918 when
| choosing the numbers for this network,

You assume correctly.

| which tells you rather explicitly to pick random subnets to minimise
| the possibility of having to renumber when networks connect
| together.

Any such discussion is purely academic as far as my network goes. At
its peak it consisted of 3 windows and 2 debian machines. At the
moment it has 2 windows machines and one half-zombie debian router. I
never even got around to renumbering the windows machines because the
value in it was purely academic and renumbering statically numbered
windows machines isn't fun (especially when the machines are usually
off except for when they are in use). I also never ended up handling
mail for them since the users are all using juno.

I am interested in learning the correct ways of managing this sort of
thing. Unfortunately I have so much work to do now that I can't spare
time to read through that (and other) RFCs. Don't worry, that
3-machine network is the only one I admin, and it exists primarily for
sharing the single internet connection and secondarily for moving
files between the windows machines.

-D

--

There is not a righteous man on earth