Re: [Exim] SPA Server Auth in the future?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Donald Thompson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] SPA Server Auth in the future?
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> The motivation for client SPA support was that the user was on a network
> where the servers required it, giving him no choice (and he wanted to
> run Exim). What is the motivation for SPA server support in Exim?

Well it'd be nice for two reasons. One secure smtp is a bit of a pain to
get going with outlook. Outlook, atleast older versions, can't handle TLS.
So I do the stunnel thing whenever I want to have authenticated SMTP...which
usually works fine. It would be nice to just remove the extra step if I
could do SPA though. Two I can worry less about whether or not a user has
checked SPA on their outlook client, if I can support it on the server side.

Me trusting SPA over the other methods, is another story all together.

-Don