Re: [Exim] relay question

Author: Dave C.
To: Tom Samplonius
CC: AMH, Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay question
To be slightly clearer - relaying based on sender EMAIL ADDRESS or HOST
NAME is insecure. Relaying based on known predetermined, sender host
*numeric* IP ADDRESSES is OK.

For 'roaming' users, their IP address will not be predetermined,
therefore there is no way to use that method. SMTP AUTH is the solution
for roaming users. Beware of some access providers that hijack port 25
traffic (see ongoing thread re AOL), so use of an alternate port number
may be necesarry.