[Exim] Failed to get user name for uid 0

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Padraic Renaghan
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Failed to get user name for uid 0
Exim 3.36 built from source
Attempting to run on a freshly built RH 7.2 install that was created by
a series of cp -a commands from another disk that already had RH 7.2 on
it.

When I attempt to start exim while logged in as root with:
exim -d9 -bd -q15m

I get:
Exim version 3.36 debug level 9 uid=0 gid=0
probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
LOG: 0 PANIC DIE
Failed to get user name for uid 0
2002-04-22 05:37:24 Failed to get user name for uid 0
exim: could not open panic log - aborting: original error above
search_tidyup called

Exim logs are written to /var/log/exim
Relevant permissions are:
drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4.0k Apr 21 18:48 var
  drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4.0k Apr 21 22:01 log
    drwxrwxrwx    2 mail     mail         4.0k Apr 21 18:54 exim

Its almost feels like even though I am logged in as root, I am running
with no permissions. I can't even write to a directory that is 777.

I doubt this is an exim problem as I'm having strangeness with Apache as
well. I was hoping that the wise exim folk might be able to help me
diagnose this further.

Thanks,
Padraic