Re: [Exim] problem with HELO and TLS

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Alexey Promokhov
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] problem with HELO and TLS
On 20 Apr 2002, Alexey Promokhov wrote:

> So, after STARTTLS Exim issues second EHLO with $primary_hostname. I think
> it's a bug.

Yes, it is a bug. Thanks for the report. I obviously forgot about
helo_data when I added STARTTLS support. Actually, I see there are two
bugs. If the original EHLO is rejected, Exim tries HELO, and again
ignores helo_data.

The patch for these bugs is very simple. I'll try to get it posted to
the list some time next week. (For exim 4.04. If you want a patch for
Exim 3, that's easy enough to make.)

> BTW, above log has been resulted with exim -v option. After each SMTP
> command that has been sent by Exim there was <CR> symbol (^M). There was
> no such symbol after SMTP commands sent by remote server. Maybe it's a
> minor bug...

More an untidiness, I think. I've never bothered to clean that up...