Re: [Exim] SMTP auth

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: John Horne
Υ/ο: exim-users, Gary Ferrer
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP auth
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, John Horne wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 Apr 2002 21:27, Gary Ferrer wrote:
> > In an effort to get SMTP authentication working I upgraded to exim 4 yet
> > I'm still out of luck. I've compiled in AUTH_PLAINTEXT just so I can get
> > the basics working. My runtime config has the following it it:
> >
> > host_accept_relay = *
> > host_auth_accept_relay = *
> >
> > Exim craps out with the following:
> >
> > Exim version 4.03 #3 built 17-Apr-2002 10:26:55
> > Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
> > 2002-04-17 13:24:45 Exim configuration error in line 528:
> > option "host_accept_relay" unknown
> >
> I would have said that this was your problem - there is no such option as
> 'host_accept_relay' in Exim 4. Neither does 'host_auth_accept_relay' exist.
> These were replaced by the introduction of ACL's. The Exim4 upgrade document
> does mention this.

And if this were exim3, these are just plain in the wrong place.
host_accept_relay and host_auth_accept_relay are global options - they
dont belong in the authenticators section..

Also, in exim3, you wouldnt want to set host_accept_relay = *, this
would permit ANY host to relay, regardless of wether it authenticated or
not...