[Exim] allowing local_part with suffix in sender

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Snowden
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] allowing local_part with suffix in sender
To set the scene: I am using Exim 3.22, and I have checked the FAQ
and mailing list archives without finding an answer to my question ...

I have set up a director that handles addresses with a local_part_suffix
(eg. "username-boxname") and delivers such messages to files in the
users' directories (eg. "/path/username/Boxes/boxname"). This is an
additional feature - messages addressed to the straight username
still go to the mail spool files.

In order to be able to subscribe to various external mailing lists
using the "username-boxname" address it is necessary for local users to
be able to set a Sender address of that form when mailing to the external
list address(es). This is where the problems start ...

I have "sender_verify" set in the configuration file, and as a result
anyone trying to send out a message with a "username-boxname" Sender
address is getting it rejected with the message:

    unknown local-part in sender

I have experimented with the various "verify" options in the director,
but although I can apparently get things working to the satisfaction
of "exim -bvs", it is still rejecting actual SMTP connections from local
clients using this style of Sender address (the message being the same
as the one above).

So, I think the question I need to ask is whether there is some other
way of making sender_verify work for locally-originated messages
which appear to come from "username-boxname", where "username" is
a valid local username. I guess I could just disable sender verification
for the local domain, but I feel that I would be losing a useful
level of checking by doing that.

Thanks,

Dave