Re: [Exim] Unable to send mail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tabor J. Wells
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Bo Mellberg
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Unable to send mail
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:53:21PM +0200,
Bo Mellberg <bosse@???> is thought to have said:

> I get "permission denied" when trying to send mail.
>
> Cannot open main log file "/vaar/spool/exim/log/mainlog"...
>
> What am I doing wrong? I have the setuid bit set on "exim-4.02-3"

If that is the exact error message you get then, fix the entry for
LOG_FILE_PATH in your Local/Makefile and recompile as I doubt that you
really meant to log to "/vaar" instead of "/var". Alternatively check the
setting of "log_file_path" in your config file if that is where you specify
your log file location.

If you just typoed "/var" in your mail to exim-users, then check to make
sure all of the directorites in that path exist and that your exim user can
write to the files in /var/spool/exim/log/

Tabor

P.S. Why are you putting logs in your spool directory? To each their own I
guess, but personally I prefer my logs to be somewhere under /var/log (like
/var/log/exim/ in my case)

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality