Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH, relaying and MySQL

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Roger Hakansson
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH, relaying and MySQL
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Roger Hakansson wrote:

> I'm kind of new to Exim, so this might be a supid question...
> Why?
> Is it to prevent the case where you have ' in your mailadress?

no. it is to prevent your sql server be 0wned when someone finds out
you're doing auth from sql, and starts sending funny stuff in the smtp
auth. remember, that definitely classifies as 'untrusted user input'
and as such should be sanitized as much as possible.

--
[-]