Re: feature request (Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matt Bernstein
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: feature request (Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available)
At 12:24 +0100 Philip Hazel wrote:

>> Or is there either some magic option to the accept router along the lines
>> of "new_recipient = $local_part@$domain", or to can I make the redirect
>> router use a transport? I kind of want to accept and redirect at the same
>> time.
>
>Why don't you put the accept router first, with unseen, and then have
>the redirect router second? Does that help?

Ahh, but then I'd have to do
unseen = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/exim/forked-users}{1}{0}}

which I guess is legal, but it's still only going to one of the
transports.

>The traditional "accept and redirect" is the same as "keep a copy in my
>mailbox and forward another copy somewhere else", which you can of
>course do with redirect:
>
> data = $local_part@$domain, otherlocalpart@otherdomain

I guess I could just call otherdomain "lmtp" and special case it with
another router (we do this for "news" already).

>The way to make "redirect use a transport" is indeed to make it
>redirect, and then use redirect_router to point it at an (otherwise
>inaccessible) accept router that sends the address to the transport.

OK--so having tried that (and it does work!) I'll stick with it then.
I'll just have to accept that it's a messy thing to do :)