Re: [Exim] How to use the autoreply transport

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Christopher Bodenstein
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How to use the autoreply transport
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 02:32:53PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Aha! If you want to put all the data (from, to, subject, etc.) on the
> transport configuration, then you should use an accept router, not a
> redirect router. Like this:
>
> user_autoreply:
> driver = accept
> local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim/autoreply
> transport = user_autoreply
> user = ????
>
> You need the "user" setting either on the router or the transport to
> specify the uid for running the transport.

As it usually happens, just after I sent the mail a friend suggested me
with an aven better implementation than what I intended to do.
Basically, create a directory /etc/exim/vacation containing files named
like the $local_part and each file would contain the out of office
message itself.
Then use the require_files = /etc/exim/vacation/$local_part in the
transport.

So, the transport now looks like:
user_autoreply:
driver = accept
require_files = /etc/exim/vacation/$local_part
transport = user_autoreply

and the transport:
user_autoreply:
driver = autoreply
to = $sender_address
from = $local_part@$domain
subject = Out of office
file = /etc/exim/vacation/$local_part

And it works perfectly.

> > "However, it can also be run directly from a router like any other
> > transport"
> > I was wondering how I could do that.
>
> That's what I've just described.

Thanks for your quick answer.

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

Chris

--
Christopher Bodenstein - christopher.bodenstein@???
Systems Administrator - Easynet Belgium

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
                -- Lao Tsu