Re: [Exim] getipnodebyaddr was: Exim 4.03 is available

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Patrice Fournier
Υ/ο: exim-users, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] getipnodebyaddr was: Exim 4.03 is available
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Patrice Fournier wrote:

> Oh, and the reason Exim wouldn't return hostname seems to be with glibc not
> looking in the ip6.int but only in the almost unused (ok, I may exagerate
> here, but all the hosts (not that many though) I checked used ip6.int)
> ip6.arpa.

This is another "didn't get it right the first time" effect. ip6.int is
deprecated and everybody is supposed to be moving over to ip6.arpa.

> Ok, so has I can't trust the man pages and I've found someone saying that
> glibc is not looking at the ip6.int registry, I believe gethostbyaddr are
> probably ok in Linux. I just need to find another way to get the hostname
> than relying on glibc. :(

OK. I'll take those macro settings out of the Linux configuration.

> Sorry Philip, I'm sure you could have used that time on something else..
> next time, I won't depend on the man pages when asking for something.

No problem. This is such a tangled area that errors like this are bound
to occur from time to time.

Philip