Re: [Exim] LDAP lookup error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark A. Hershberger
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [Exim] LDAP lookup error
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP lookup error
On 16 Apr 2002, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> Debian Linux Kernel 2.4.14
> exim 3.34

This sounds like a bug that was reported for Exim 4, and fixed in
release 4.02.

> In tracking this down, I saw that exim forks a process for the
> delivery, calls "search_tidyup", closes the LDAP connection,
> rejoins the parent process, and attempts to use the closed LDAP
> connection to help with the next delivery. At least this is
> what I think I saw.

Yes, that was what was fixed in 4.02.

> I've patched ldap.c (which I notice is the same in exim4, except
> for the copyright date) to remove the connection caching code.

That's a sledgehammer! But if it works for you, hey, I have no problem
with sledgehammers.

The fix for 4.02 was to insert a call to search_tidyup() before the
fork, so that each subprocess starts off without copying the cache state
of the parent.