Re: [Exim] Delays send to AOL

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tom Samplonius
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Geraint A Edwards
Υ/ο: Mike(mickalo)Blezien, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Delays send to AOL
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Geraint A Edwards wrote:

> Tom Samplonius <tom@???> said
>         (on Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:45:58PM -0700):
> > On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Mike(mickalo)Blezien wrote:
> > > We are using Exim 3.34.1 I have the exim.conf auto_thaw set to 60s and

> > auto_thraw refers to thawing frozen messages. It would be very unlikely
> > for messages to be set to a frozen state for anything but a configuration
> > error.
>
> Config errors are one reason, but *not* the main one for the
> installations that I manage. On my boxes, I routinely have over
> 1000 frozen bounces on my queue - typically bounced spam with
> faked senders.

You can ignore bounced bounces, rather than freezing them.

> This is an exim3 box, which I'm hoping to upgrade to exim4:
> exim4 will allow me to do more checks on inbound e-mail *before*
> accepting it (and *then* bouncing it).
>
> For the record, the box handles ~20,000 e-mails a day, and has
>     ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 2d

Why keep bounced bounces around for even 2 days? Do you even look at
them? If not there is no need to keep them, just use
"ignore_errmsg_errors". They are hard errors, and retries won't change
that. You should only freeze them unless you intend to examine them.

218,000 deliveries yesterday. No frozen messages!

> --
> Geraint A. Edwards  "Gedge"       Caerdydd(Cardiff), Cymru(Wales)
> gedge@???      IRCNet:Gedge  http://serf.org/gedge/
> E-mail is easily faked.  This may not be from me.  Use GPG/PGP.

Tom