[Exim] some local email users can only send to other local e…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] some local email users can only send to other local email accounts
I want to restrict a few inside email users so they can only email to
local email addresses.

So I'll have a list of these email addresses that I won't allow to send
email out to the world.

I can't just base it by IP, because multiple users use same PC (same
IP) and some do have the privilege to send email outside.

I don't think a negated sender_address_relay will work, because I still
want them to relay -- just stay inside and not to outside world.

I assume I'll need to set a condition in a router so no routers (using
no_more) will be used if the sender is in a list. (Directors are fine
since they can email to local accounts.)

I have a working solution by simply adding to my only router (lookuphost):

# 16/Apr/2002 reed - some users can't email to outside world
senders = ! /usr/pkg/etc/exim/not-allowed-to-email-outside

But the error is "unrouteable mail domain" which may be unfriendly for teh
users.

Any other ideas on how I could implement this?

Another idea would be to use a condition in the default "lookuphost"
router.

This is some 3.3x version. I did look at the FAQ. And I don't care if the
user bypasses the checks by using a different sender email address.

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/