Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available
On 2002-04-16 at 17:00 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Why are there so darn many of these functions? I had heard of

Do you really want that answered? ;^)

> gethostbyname2(), but I think that is obsolete. Solaris doesn't have it.
> I haven't previously heard of get{addr,name}info().

OpenBSD manual page for getaddrinfo() notes:

STANDARDS
     The getaddrinfo() function is defined in IEEE POSIX 1003.1g draft speci-
     fication, and documented in ``Basic Socket Interface Extensions for
     IPv6'' (RFC2553).

Similarly for getnameinfo().

KAME have a guide "Implementing AF-independent application":
<URL:http://www.kame.net/newsletter/19980604/>

and since KAME is the basis of the IPv6 stuff in *BSD ...
--
"Reading my work email is a nice break from the nasty sunshine" - Carel