Re: [Exim] relay problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oliver Egginger
Para: Gary Ferrer
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] relay problem
> This
> does not work though.

We work with Exim 3.33 and relaying is workinfg pretty good.

There was a post from Mark Lehrer not long ago.
Go to the archivs and search for
    SMTP Authentication success on Red hat 7.2 w/ PAM
Marks configuration works smoothly with Exim 3.33 and Mandrake.

Only in order to guard against confusion:
As a basic principle every host is allowed to send mail to your mailserver.
Relaying means "to hand down" not "to receive".
Your mailserver relays a mail if he pass it to another one.
Every host which it's specified in 'host_accept_relay' can relay across your
server.

If you like you can do the following:
1. Follow Marks directions to set up a simple cleartext authentication.
2. Define all hosts which should be able to relay directly (without authentification)
in host_accept_relay.
3. Set host_auth_accept_relay = *
4. SIGHUP Exim

If you use SSL you can prevent that the passwords travel as cleartext over the
network (if the client like so).

- oliver