Re: [Exim] Authenticating Outbound email from MS Outlook.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: James P. Roberts
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Authenticating Outbound email from MS Outlook.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:19:27AM -0400,
James P. Roberts <punster@???> is thought to have said:

> I found out the hard way, recently (after much loss of hair), that MS
> Outlook does NOT support encrypted logins. You have to "upgrade" (cough
> cough) to Outlook Express.

Uhh, sure it does. At least in Outlook 2000 and beyond (I don't have any
installs of Outlook 97 to test with but then if you're using a 5 yr old mail
client it's not surprising if it doesn't support things like SMTP AUTH and
STARTTLS).

Go into your Internet email config. Go to the Advanced tab. Check the box
marked "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" underneath the
"Outgoing mail (SMTP)" line. Once you do it'll happily use STARTTLS if
offered, although it may complain about self-signed certs.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality